ANTANANARIVO – ANTSIRABE – MIANDRIVAZO – TSIRIBIHINA – BEKOPAKA – MORONDAVA
Day 1: Drive from Tana to Antsirabe
The guide will pick you up from your hotel in Antananarivo and you will start driving towards the South. As soon as you leave busy Tana, you can start enjoying the pretty views. The road lingers through the hilly terraced highland and after 70 km you will pass through the village of Ambatolampy, where you can visit an aluminium pot atelier. After lunch we will continue to Antsirabe. As soon as you enter the town the roads are buzzing with colourful pousse-pousse (rickshaw). This is the town to explore craft shops and it is also an important industrial centre, mainly for its beer breweries and dairy factories. Visit of the city. Overnight stay.
Hotel: Soa Guest House www.soaguesthouse.com
Contact us for:
- Hasina hotel (midrange) www.hotelhasina.com
- Couleur Café (upper range) www.couleurcafeantsirabe.com
- Résidence Camelia (semi luxury) www.laresidencecamelia.com
Day 2: Drive to Miandrivazo
Today we drive towards the West and leave the highland to meet the Tsiribihina River in Miandrivazo. We will eat lunch on the road and after checking in the hotel you can explore the town and take a stroll along the river that will accompany you the next three days. While you enjoy the scenery, your guide will prepare the departure for the next day; overnight stay.
Contact us for:
- Reine Rasalimo
- Gîte de la Tsiribihina
Day 3, 4, 5: Tsiribihina river trip
We leave early in the morning after loading the boat with our luggage, food and water. We begin our calm water river journey on the majestic Tsiribihina River, using a motor boat. The trip is slow and you can relax, sit back and enjoy nature passing you by. The peace and quiet of the meandering river is amazing, spot the birds and if lucky the lemurs, watch the herds of zebu drinking and villagers busy at everyday chores, wave back to the children running after the canoes along the banks. Before nightfall we make our camp on the riverbank and enjoy the campfire, a good meal and a sky full of stars.
During the three days you will pass through diverse landscapes, isolated natural wilderness, reminding you how far away you are from home. At the end we pass the Gorge of Bemaraha with its steep rocks before we stop at Anosin’ Ampela, a wonderful waterfall where we can refresh ourselves. We will see dense vegetation along the riverbanks, towering cliffs and baobab forests. Water birds, fruit bats and lemurs will accompany our journey
Two nights in tent, meals are served on the shore; Campsites on the Tsiribihina River are usually large sandbars with smooth and clean tent sites.
Included meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
One night in Antsiraraka Hotel: TANAMASOANDRO
Meals not included
Day 6: Drive to Morondava
After the river trip : transfer to Morondava. You will arrive in Morondava in the evening. It is a long drive, but we will visit many things along the way. We will explore Kirindy national park, with a sheer abundance of baobabs and lemurs. This is the best site in which to look for the fosa, Madagascar’s largest carnivore.
Towards the evening we will visit the Baobab Amoureux, two entwined baobabs hugging each other, and the Baobab Avenue. We will enjoy the stunning sunset here, because the lowering sun casts beautiful shadows and colours on the baobab trees. After experiencing this fairytale sunset we drive the last 20 km to Morondava and check in at our beach hotel where you can enjoy some good seafood; overnight stay.
Hotel: Chez Maggie www.chezmaggie.com
Contact us for:
- Tre Cicogne (midrange) www.hoteltrecicogne.com
- Baobab Café (luxury) www.baobabcafe-hotel.net
- Palissandre Resort (luxury) www.palissandrecote-ouest.com
Day 7: Morondava
Breakfast in the hotel. End of our services
Price (based on 2 persons) : please contact us
- A sedan car with a driver including fuel (day 1-3)
- A 4WD with a driver including fuel (day 7-9)
- Motor boat and material of camping
- English speaking tour guide during the whole trip.
- Entrance fees to mentioned parks and reserves including a local guide
- Accommodation in hotels mentioned in the tour, double room, including breakfast (7 nights)
- Accommodation in tents during river trip (full board) (2 nights)
- Tax (vat 20%) and tourist hotel taxes
- Lunch, diner and drink (except during River trip)
- Personal expenses and tips
- International and domestic flights
- Transfers and accommodation in Antananarivo